From 2 days / 1 night duration – departure dates available throughout the year
Return Executive Coach Travel from selected departure points of your choice
Outbound overnight crossing with P&O North Sea Ferries including en suite cabin accommodation
Dinner & breakfast are included on NSF (outbound)
Inbound short sea crossing Calais-Dover
A choice of UK & Belgium visits & excursions – see examples below
Please note that all cabins on the overnight crossing will have lower berths and en suite facilities - price based on Inside cabins. Hotels will be of a 3* standard and will include a half board basis. As all our tours are tailor made for each group we can amend any aspect of the programme as required by you, subject to availability.To tailor-make your tour or for a personalised quotation call 01943 605999.
Day 1 - UK visit possibilities (subject to your departure area in the UK and group’s interests).
- Cambridge is the country’s most beautiful historic and elegant city.
- Stamford was originally funded on the Great North Road leading to York & Edinburgh.
- Holkham Hall is the perfect English house from the Golden Age of the Grand Tour.
- IWM Duxford is home to an impressive collection of over two hundred aircraft as well as tanks, military vehicles and boats.
- A lunch stop can be arranged at the Petwood Hotel in Woodhall Spa which has an historic and interesting connection as it was the officer’s mess for the 617 Squadron - the famous ‘Dambusters’.
- The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre operates a Lancaster, five Spitfires, two Hurricanes, two Chipmunks and a Dakota.
- Lincoln whose Cathedral is one of Europe’s finest Gothic buildings and dominates the skyline.
- Embarkation of the P&O ferry in Hull where dinner is included onboard.
Day 2 - BELGIUM visit possibilities - Arriving in Zeebrugge disembarkation follows your included breakfast.
- Newpoort - Board the Seastar as you cruise to Diksmuide. This combines a 60 minute cruise on the river Yser through the Flanders Fields with a 30 minute stop at the Dodengang (the Death Trench).
- Diksmuide – Here you will find the Pax-Tower, the Crypt and the IJzer Tower.
- Ypres was the scene of some of the worst fighting of the war and was described as being, all the horrors of the Somme and the hell of Verdun. The Menin Gate Memorial bears the names of 54,389 officers and men who fell in the Ypres Salient before 16th August 1917 and who have no known grave. Every night at 8.00pm a moving Last Post Ceremony takes place.
- 2 hour guided tour by coach of the Flanders Battlefields can be arranged taking in many of the famous areas within the proximity of Ypres. The ‘In Flanders Fields’ Museum tells the story of the WWI in the West Flanders front.
- Tyne Cot Cemetery is where 11,956 Commonwealth Servicemen of the First World War are buried or commemorated.
- Talbot House was founded in 1915 when the 6th division of the British army rented the residence and made it a club house open to all soldiers, without distinguishing in rank or status. For many, this place was ‘An oasis of serenity in a world gone mad’.
- Lijssenthoek Military Cemetary - Between 1915 and 1920 this hamlet was the venue for the largest evacuation hospital in the Ypres Salient. Today the cemetery evokes daily reflections of the Great War and the visitor centre tells the story of this unique site.
- Plugstreet is a Memorial to the Missing commemorating 11,386 officers and men of the UK and South African Forces who died and who have no known grave. The Plugstreet 14-18 Experience explains more about the Great War.
- Memorial Museum Passchendaele tells the story of the war in the Ypres Salient with special emphasis on the Battle of Passchendaele 1917, one of the bloodiest battles of the First World War.
- Hill 60 Memorial Site The launch of a British attack on 17th April 1915 began with the explosion of three mines which literally blew the top off the hill.
- Embarkation of the ferry in Calais for the short channel crossing to Dover, returning you to your original departure point(s).
*Entrances, visits & guides will be added to your package price once your preferred itinerary has been chosen.With all packages we supply a tailor-made flyer to assist in the promotion of your holiday, along with a booking form which provides us with all the details we require from each participant.